ASPB invites members to join the 2020-2021 PlantingScience Master Plant Science Team. PlantingScience is a free online resource to teachers and schools. The program provides volunteer scientists, resources, and activities to support innovation in teaching, learning, and mentoring. PlantingScience is a learning community where scientists provide online mentorship to student teams as they design and think through their own inquiry projects. The program is collaborative engagement in science education that crosses traditional learning settings: K-12 and higher education; learning in and out of class; hands-on and technology-enhanced.
The Master Plant Science Team provides compensation for a cohort of 12 graduate students and postdocs who make a substantial contribution as an online scientist mentor. Master Plant Science Team Members receive:
- Free membership to ASPB for the year commitment
- 50% off annual meeting registration
- PlantingScience T-shirt
Team involvement requirements include:
- Participating in online mentorship training
- Mentoring 2-3 student teams via the web during BOTH fall and spring sessions (each session lasts ~2 months)
- Posting to student web pages ~3 times per week
- Providing extra support and facilitating communication for one classroom teacher and his or her team
Apply at HTTPS://PLANTINGSCIENCE.ORG/JOINMPST by August 10, 2020. For details or to apply, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.