Welcome to Plant Biology 2019! We’re excited to bring you the outstanding lineup of symposia, workshops, and networking events that you’ve come to expect, with fun new activities and returning favorites! Questions? Visit our team at Registration! Don’t forget to check out our online agenda, social media policy, and code of conduct.
We encourage you to share your experience on social media! Follow @ASPB, @ASPBPlantBioMtg and @plantae_org, and hashtag #PlantBio19! Join our Plant Biology 2019 meeting network on Plantae to participate in discussions and share your meeting notes.
Begin your day with a choice of workshops:
- PUI Faculty Development Workshop- 8:30 AM – 12:00 PM Room LL21EF. Do you work at a PUI? Join us for talks and group discussions focused on maintaining a successful research program at a primarily undergraduate institution.
- Mathematical Plant Biology: A Collaborative Session- 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM Room 230B. This popular workshop tackles interdisciplinary connections between mathematics and statistics and plant biology. Includes discussion and networking. Registration required.
- ASPB/CSPB Recruitment Summit-Room 9:45 AM – 12:00 PM LL20B . Are you interested in pursuing a faculty position in China? Join us for this joint networking meeting and luncheon to learn more! Hosted by the ASPB and the Chinese Society for Plant Biology. Registration required.
- Undergrad Networking Session-12:00 PM – 1:00 PM Room 230A. Calling all undergrads! Where will your career take you? What will your next steps be? Join other undergrads and science professionals for this dynamic networking session.
In the afternoon, we invite you to make your way to the Grand Ballroom (Room 220) at 1:15 PM for the official launch of the conference: the ASPB President’s Symposium 2019: Biological and Personal Networks: Why They Matter for Plant Biology. Organized by Robert Last, and featuring Manajit Hayer-Hartl, Gaurav Moghe, David J. Asai and Beronda Montgomery. Join us as we explore approaches to harnessing biological diversity and complexity, while strengthening our community through broader participation.Following the opening symposium, stay right where you are for the presentation of the 2019 awards at the Awards Scientific Symposium at 4:30 PM. Then, at 6:15 PM, head over to the Opening Reception in the Exhibit Hall.
Don’t miss these daily happenings throughout the conference!
- Career Mentoring – 8 AM-5 PM Saturday-Tuesday. Could your resume use a little pruning? Maybe some new growth? Sign up for career advice and resume help! Visit us in the Hall 1 Lobby.
- Draw Your Science – 8 AM-5 PM Saturday-Tuesday. Show us your work! Join us for Draw Your Science-no artistic talent required, anything goes! Located near the registration desk.
- How Far Have You Traveled – 8 AM-5 PM Saturday-Tuesday. Visit the world map near Registration and show us how far you’ve travelled to attend PlantBio19!
- #SELFIE Station – 8 AM-8 PM Saturday-Tuesday. Visit our Selfie Station and share the fun on social media! Located at the #ASPBForward Innovation Pavilion in Hall 2. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #PlantBio19!
- Plantae Career Center – 8 AM-8 PM Saturday-Tuesday. Make the right job connection! The Plantae Career center is open throughout the conference. Looking for a job? Bring an electronic copy of your CV to the #ASPBForward Innovation Pavilion in Hall 2 to post on our electronic job boards and check out the onsite job board near Registration.
- Speaker Ready Room – Open daily, through Wednesday morning, in Room 111. Check the online agenda for hours. Note: speakers must check in to upload and review their presentations 24-hours before the beginning of their session.
To access the full agenda download the PB19 Conference App:
- Download the CROWDCOMPASS ATTENDEEHUB app from Google Play or the App Store.
- Open the app and search for PLANT BIOLOGY 2019 then select Download.
The full agenda can also be found online here.