The 2016 Planet Forward Summit at George Washington University features mayors, public and private sector leaders, journalists, academics, students, innovators and entrepreneurs. Together these participants spend two full days (April 21-22) discovering and discussing the stories, innovations and people who will transform our cities in the coming decades.
The Summit also features the winners of the student Storyfest Competition. Check out this year’s most notable videos (there’s a lot of green growing on):
- Jesse Gurney (GW), Blooming Biosolids
- Kira Sommer and Sara Merken (GW), Fighting Food Waste: The Food Recovery Network
- Javier F. Ponce (Barcelona), Smart Floating Farms
- Hannah Abell and Oswin Chackochan (Purdue), Vertikale
- Andre Carter, R’Myni Watson, Vernell Mitchell, Amari Barrett, Harrison Watson, Domonique Meeks (Tougaloo College-Jackson State University), Saving Our Farms, Saving Our Families
- Ilana Creinin, Danielle Baglivo and Sophie Martin (GW), Rooftop Roots: Helping a Community Grow Through Its Garden
Sophie Kaplan (GW), Composting: An Urban Option
See here for additional Storyfest entries and contest info.