Registration is now open for the Plant Biology 2021 Worldwide Summit, which will take place online from July 19–July 23. We’re excited to announce that this year we have a fantastic lineup of workshops, organized in three main tracks – Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion; Professional Development; and Technical Development and Innovation.
Here are just a few:
- Beyond Law – Providing Accessibility and Inclusion Just Because
- Bioeconomy Careers Beyond Academia
- Tips And Advice For Navigating Grad School: A Q&A Panel Presented By the Early Career Plant Scientist Section (ECPS)
- Delivering Your Message: Tools For Better Presentations
- Building An International Career
- Workshop And Hackathon On Improving Orphan Crops To Foster Bio-Economies (sponsored by OCP-North America)
- ‘Our Lab’: Building An Inclusive Lab Culture
- Flowernetpheno: Detection Of Flowers Based On Spatio-Temporal Image Sequence Analysis Using Deep Learning Techniques For Event-Based Plant Phenotyping
- Plant Biology For Crop Nitrogen Use Efficiency And Sustainable Nitrogen Management
- Advances In Plant Biology & Sustainable Agriculture In The Middle East And North Africa (sponsored by CAUST-CDA and UAEU)
- The Biotechnology Of HIGS And SIGS For Plant Pest Resistance: What Works, What Doesn’t, What’s Next?
- Systems Thinking Framework For Plant Science Undergraduate Education
- Accessing Genomes And Plant Ecosystems – One SMRT Cell At A Time
- Marine Farming – Biotech For The Oceans
We know what you’re thinking – there are so many good ones! How will I ever be able to join all of the workshops I want to attend? Well, you’re in luck: workshops will be recorded for on-demand viewing just in case you are unable to clone yourself to be in two workshops happening at the same time! And all of this great content will be available to registered attendees for a full year after the meeting.
Alternatively, here’s another great option – if you can take advantage of our group rates by signing up with others, then you can “divide and conquer” by choosing different members of your group to attend different sessions and workshops! Then, after the conference, you can get together and share key insights with each other. There are discounted rates for groups of all sizes, and this year members of a group do NOT have to all be from one organization – as long as you have at least 5 people, each with their own email address. Instructions for registering a group can be found on the registration page.
As part of your registration process, you will see that you can sign up for the workshops you’d like to attend (whether you’ve registered as part of a group or as an individual). This is mainly for attendance estimates, because some workshops may have numbers capped. Moreover, taking this step does NOT lock you into the workshops you sign up for – you can change your mind or return to your registration later to complete or change your selections. Don’t delay too long, though: workshops were SUPER popular last year.
Eager to go see the full list of workshops and start picking those you want to attend? We won’t keep you any longer!
See you at Plant Biology 2021!
The Program Committee
Plant Biology 2021 Worldwide Summit