Read these question-and-response documents to learn what it is like to serve as an Early Career Representative (ECR) on different ASPB Committees. As you read these responses from ECRs serving on various committees, you may find that the function and responsibilities of a specific committee “speak to you.” Contemplate what you hope to accomplish by serving on a committee of choice and what you bring to the table. Remember to include this in your application write-up to help committees identify the candidates who are best suited for each committee. Applications to serve as an Early Career Representative on an ASPB Committee are due no later than September 30, 2022.
Perspectives from Current ECRs
- Education Committee – Katelyn Butler
- Equity, Diversity & Inclusion Committee – Kevin Cope
- International Committee – Zakayo Kazibwe
- Membership Committee – YoungWoo Lee
- Program Committee – Cody Bekkering
- Publications Committee – Amina Yaqoob
- Science Policy Committee – Jasmine Yu
- Women in Plant Biology Committee – Sabrina Chin & Maryam Rahmati Ishka
We want to extend our appreciation to Jithesh Vijayan, ECR on Program Committee, for compiling these.