On November 2, the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) will launch a new portal to list all future funding opportunities and submit applications for renewable energy and energy efficiency programs. Fiscal year (FY) 2021 application submissions will be through the new portal, while open opportunities published prior to November 2 will continue to be managed on the old portal, eXCHANGE.
The new DOE Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy’s (EERE’s) Program Information Center is intended to be easier to navigate, more secure, and simplify the application submission process. In particular, the new portal will:
- allot additional time to complete concept papers and full application directly in the system;
- help applicants complete budget justifications and other required submissions through web-based forms rather than uploading additional documents as attachments);
- provide interactive wizards to guide applicants through the application process,
- new alerts when information is missing that would prevent submitting an application;
- create the ability to share all or portions of an application with other users enabling collaboration for editing and submitting the application.
DOE encourages research universities and other organizations to register early to be able to manage new accounts and submit applications by submission deadlines. DOE encourages the following steps:
DOE will continue to provide live training as well as release on-demand trainings, videos, and quick guides. Below is the proposed schedule:
DOE has already made resources available to provide additional guidance: