The Plant Biology 2021 Worldwide Summit is taking place at the same time as Botany 2021, and in honor of ASPB’s and BSA’s joint interest in supporting the plant science community and our overlapping audiences, we will be hosting a joint symposium on Wednesday, July 21, open to both sets of attendees! The symposium’s title is “An Exploration of Inter-kingdom Interactions”; here’s the full lineup of speakers and presentations:
- Corné Pieterse : Bidirectional communication along the microbiome-root-shoot axis
- Uta Paszkowski: A set of conserved receptors is essential for root system architectural changes induced by arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi,
- Klara Scharnagl: Symbiotic forms and the lichenized phenotype,
- Jean-Michel Ané: Perception of lipo-chitooligosaccharides by the bioenergy crop Populus,
- Jessie Uehling: Bacterial endosymbionts of Mucoromycota fungi; lessons from evolutionary, functional, and computational genomics
We look forward to seeing you at this exciting event and throughout the Plant Biology 2021 Worldwide Summit!
See you in two short weeks!
The ASPB Program Committee
Plant Biology 2021 Worldwide Summit