Are you a supporter of young scientists? Did you know that every year at the Plant Biology 2018 meeting we have a special poster session just for undergraduates, so they can share the work they are doing?
Here are 6 ways to support undergraduates at #plantbio18
- Attend the Undergraduate Poster Session on Sunday, July 15 at 7:00 am – 8:30 am in room 517B.
- Give an undergraduate a chance to practice their poster presentation speeches prior to moving their posters into the main poster hall
- Encourage undergraduates to pursue a career in plant science
- Using Twitter? Give a shoutout to inspiring undergrads you meet and a little bit about what they are doing (make sure to use the #plantbio18 hashtag)
- Make connections with younger scientists that can lead to collaborations, networks, and mentoring possibilities in the future
- Learn about the ASPB Conviron Scholars program, and encourage undergraduates to apply
Let’s rally around our young scientists show them that they are an important part of the plant science community!