Look no further. Here are 4 ways to supercharge your career at Plant Biology 2016.
1. Improve your skills
Choose any of these career-related workshops:
- Re-imagining Postgraduate Training for the Plant Sciences (Saturday, 10-12)
- Writing Science: Inspire careful thinking and useful discourse (Sunday, 11:30-1)
- Publishing in and Reviewing for The Plant Cell (Sunday, 11:30-1)
- USDA, DOE and NSF Grantsmanship Workshop (Sunday, 11:30-1)
- How to create a winning elevator pitch (Sunday, 11:30-1:30)
- Funding Research at PUIs (Sunday, 7-9pm)
- Job Offer? Negotiating for Success Before You Sign (Monday, 7-9pm)
2. Find your next job
Visit the Career Center in the Plantae Pavilion! There will be onsite job listings for you to review and submit your resume. Have a position you are trying to fill? Employers can post your job on the boards also. Questions? Contact Shoshana@aspb.org.
3. Get career advice and your resume reviewed
Speaking of resumes, we will have several professionals onsite to review yours and provide guidance on how to create a top-notch resume. Sign up in advance on the Google spreadsheet schedule or come to the Plantae Pavilion to sign up. First come, first served.
4. Learn about and discuss career paths
Participate in Career Chats to learn about and discuss different plant science careers. Come to the Plantae Pavilion and join in at informal, small group discussions on various career related topics. Topics include: Working at PUI, Getting Your First Job, Preparing your “Elevator Pitch”, Working as a Plant Biology Consultant, Working/Getting a Job in Industry.
…And don’t forget to Visit the Career Hub on Plantae to view all of the online job postings.
See you there! Look out for more tips in the posts to follow!