Looking for learning opportunities and activities during Plant Biology 2017 that will help you navigate your career path?
Then check out the following list, which has been curated by the ASPB team.
1. Improve your skill set
Attend any of these workshops
- Talk Story and Communication in Hawaii and the Pacific Rim (Saturday, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Women in Plant Biology (WIPB) Breakfast (Sunday, 7:00 – 8:30 am)
- Developing an International Research Collaboration (Sunday, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm)
- Common Author Errors and How to Avoid Them (Monday, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm)
- WIPB Luncheon: Challenges and Opportunities for Women in Science (Monday, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm)
- Launching a Start-up (Tuesday, 11:30 am – 1:00 pm)
Participate in an Ask-Me-Anything conversation at the Plantae Pavilion
- Plant Science Careers in Industry (Sunday, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Getting Involved in Science Policy and Advocacy (Monday, 12:00 – 1:00 pm)
- Getting Published (Monday, 5:30 – 6:30 pm)
- Managing Your Lab and Students (Monday, 6:30 – 7:30 pm)
- Crafting Your Online Persona (Tuesday, 11:00 am – 12:00 pm)
- Succeeding at a PUI (Tuesday, 12:00 – 1:00 pm)
2. Find your next job
Use the Plantae Job Board. There will be kiosks available at the Plantae Pavilion to browse job listings and submit your resume online. Have a position you are trying to fill? Employers can post jobs online also. Special pricing is available to have your job listed during the conference. Questions? Contact Shoshana@aspb.org.
Record a Pitch Your Science video with our videographer. Visit our videographer in 319B to have your 90-second pitch recorded for free.
Create a rockstar profile on Plantae to get noticed and find a job. Learn how to create a profile on Plantae that helps you get a job. Use your pitch video here as well! Live demonstrations at the Plantae Pavilion. (Visit the Plantae Pavilion for a schedule).
3. Get career advice and have your resume reviewed
Speaking of resumes, we will have several professionals on-site to review yours one-on-one and to provide guidance on how to create a top-notch resume. Sign up in advance or come to the Plantae Pavilion to sign up. First come, first served.
CHECK OUT THE MASTER SCHEDULE AND FOLLOW THIS BLOG FOR ALL THE LATEST!
See you there! Look for more tips in the posts to follow!